Just Beginning



I have decided to start a blog, to put my journey in words. I have been learning so much, about how God wants me to be a wife to my husband, and a mother to my boys. I love to share what I have learned, and so I thought this would be a great place to do just that. I also want to be real here in this blog. So many people put on a smile, and and as if their life is perfect, which we know no one has a perfect life. How can a person help others, as mothers, wives, or Christians, if we don't admit our failures, and how we learned or are learning from them. We will not "arrive" to where we should be. We will be learning, and will continue to be sanctified until the return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (Or until our life on this earth has come to an end).

My name is Amanda, and I have been married to my husband, Bill for 11.5 years. We have 3 boys together, Christopher is 10, Spencer is 7 , and Ethan is 5.

So, onto what I learned in my devotions today. I already shared this with 2 of my closest friends, so I will just copy and paste that below, beings I already wrote it.

I thought I'd share these verses with you ladies............ Really good stuff!!!

Eph. 4:1-2 1As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

The calling we have received is being a wife and mother...... We need to be worthy of that calling. God did not have to grant us that. Vs. 2- When we read that, we think of how we should treat others in the world, or at church. But not neccessarily how we should treat our children. But, once our children are saved, they are brothers/sisters in Christ.......and even though they need discipline, we should be dealing with them, clothed in humbleness, gentleness, patience, and bearing with them in love. WOW!!!!!

Also, 1 Timothy 6:20a-Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter................
Our children have been entrusted to us. We need to guard them, guard them physically, emotionally, guard their hearts, etc etc etc. And, when we yell and scream and nag, it is pretty much useless godless chatter. OUCH!!!!!

Raising children has to be the most difficult job on the planet. My desire is to do my BEST, but it is so easy to get frustrated, and my fleshly sinful nature takes charge. The key, is to let the Holy Spirit guide me, no matter what I am doing. But, this can only happen by being in constant communion with Him. Which I admit, I have not been consistent with my daily devotions. So, I have made a new commitment, to Him and making sure I am starting my day with Him. So, there is the start to my blog. Thanks for reading.........

Comments

  1. I am so proud of my wife. The Bible talks about loving others as we love our selves and Amanda is the epitome of that verse. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great verses!! Thanks for sharing!! Raising children is so hard!! And, you are right, it's so easy to get frustrated, when we have bad days. I'm right with you! Let's encourage each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda,

    Thanks for the thoughts. I hadn't considered that once saved, kids are our brothers and sisters in Christ. It's so logical, but I hadn't ever thought about it.

    God's using your blog already. :)
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I am Thankful for.....

Measuring Up As a Mom