Lunch?

You're phone is ringing. Ugh! Not again! You are so busy today. You feel like throwing your phone out the car window. "I'll just let it go to voicemail." So you keep driving, on the way to your appointment. It's 6:50am, and you have to be there by 7:00am. "Wish this
traffic would just move out of the way. I have places to be!". Then, the ringing begins again. "What does this person want?!" Another red light, "I guess I can check and see who keeps bothering me." So you grab your phone off of the passenger seat and glance at the missed call. Your phone reads, "Missed Call from 'President of the United States'". WHAT?! All of a sudden that call becomes quite the opposite of what it was a few minutes ago. It is now of the utmost importance. Oh no, will the president try calling again? You make a quick phone call and cancel your appointment. You know you must make yourself available in case he tries calling again. You decide to go park in some shade under a pretty tree and wait. You stare at the phone, willing it to ring. "Come on, RING!" No longer dreading being bothered. Finally, it begins ringing again. You are filled with anxiety and excitement. "I am about to answer the phone and the PRESIDENT will be on the other line." You slide the toggle on your phone and sheepishly say, "Hello?"  
"Good Morning! This is the President calling. I was wondering if you could meet me for lunch?" You try to answer but no words are coming out. Is this for real? Why would the President want to meet YOU for lunch? You fumble trying to give an answer. "Umm, yes. Of course. Yes, I can meet you for lunch." 

Wow! That would be pretty amazing wouldn't it? I would love to eat lunch with the President. No matter which President it was. Putting aside all political views. If I was being summoned to the White House, I would definitely go.

Every day we are summoned to sit at the feet of the King of the World. He desires us to spend time with him. He is so much more than the President of the United States. He is the Creator of the entire Universe. He is the Giver of Life! He is the Provider of our Salvation. He loves us unconditionally. A love that took Jesus to the cross, a sacrificial love that allowed Him to endure the cruel and brutal suffering the Romans put upon Him. He took our punishment.
He set everything in motion, the sun, moon, stars and planets. He can calm with winds and storms and seas with just a still small voice. The sun shines only because He tells it to.
Someone this important, way more important than the president, still desires time with us. He is not too busy for us, his schedule is not too full, He doesn't only communicate with "important" people. He wants US. But we are often too busy for him. Can you imagine telling the president, "Thanks for asking, but I am too busy. I have too many things to do today. Maybe tomorrow." Then when tomorrow comes, "Oh man, I am overbooked. Sorry. I need to check Facebook, and email and make dinner and get the laundry done. Maybe tomorrow." But the maybe tomorrows continue, and the TODAY never comes.
I know I am guilty of this. I was driving last week and heard this song, and thought of how foolish I am. The King of the World desires for me to spend time with him, and I have the audacity to tell him that I am too busy. I would never tell the president I am too busy. I would MAKE the time. So I definitely need to make the time for the King of the World. Take a listen to this song.

We recently went to a marriage conference that I will blog about later, but I wanted to share something one of the speakers shared. She was recently on a trip in Israel. She said she was not prepared for the dryness and desolation of the desert. There was just NO WATER anywhere. None. She knew it was the desert, but the realization of it was pretty mind boggling. She said after a day of
travel they came to an Oasis. There was a lovely water hole, beautiful flowers and trees and greenery.  They walked over to the water hole, and she, along with those traveling with her leaned over the edge and began to dip their hands in the water. They splashed their face and drank from their hands. All of a sudden their guide jumped into the water hole. He looked at her and said, "You silly westerners. When you find water you must IMMERSE yourself in the water."
We must view our Bible in this same way. We must immerse ourselves. Us silly westerners, we have the Living Water at our fingertips. The answer to all of life's problems. Yet we leave it sitting on a shelf. Open only at church. We have a problem and we run to a friend, or pastor, or other things we think will help us. But we need to run and immerse ourselves in the Living Water.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I am Thankful for.....

Measuring Up As a Mom

Just Beginning