No Doubt: It was God #1

I am going to start writing in my blog a few times a week, about personal experiences I have had, that I KNOW were God working in my life. I think it is good to record these things- because they are things we should share, and tell our children, and just to REMEMBER.  Some days it might be long- and just 1 story, and some days I might include several stories, that are shorter. They will not be in chronological order, but might be about last week one day, and 15 years ago the next. :) So I hope you enjoy my experiences and I pray that it encourages you to record your own God moments. :)



Beings yesterday was Mother's Day- I have to share this story first. We love the Iowa State Fair. Several years ago- we were at the fair for the day- we had our 3 boys with us. They were probably 9, 7 and 5 at the time.  We were sitting in the kids area just east of the Agricultural Building around lunch time. Noonish. I enjoy people watching-Bill and I were just sitting on a bench watching the boys play around- and people watching.  I remember hearing a little girl  throwing a loud tantrum. I looked over, and my eyes just locked on this family. They didn't have a stroller- which struck me as odd, because the little girl crying looked to be about 3 yrs old. They also had a little boy- maybe 5 or 6. I thought to myself- wow- I bet she is just tired from walking, plus hungry because of the time of day.  I DISTINCTLY remember she had on brown shorts and a brown shirt and shoulder length brown hair. Cute little thing. Why I remember what she was wearing- was only because God prodded me to pay attention to them- which at the time- I didn't really think anything of it.  I assumed the parents would take their precious little family home soon- beings the kids seemed spent.

About 6 hours later- we were walking through the Varied Industries Building- Bill and I seen it at the same time- we seen that same mother, and father standing in the middle of one of the aisles- the mother was totally distraught, in tears and the husband was trying to stay calm, and they just looked frantic with the little boy standing  near, looking scared. I didn't see the little girl- I walked over and asked if everything was okay. She just looked at me and said, "My baby is missing!!!!"  My heart sunk and I immediately told Bill to go the opposite direction as me. I told her- "We seen your family earlier and I know just what your daughter looks like and we will help you look."

She probably thought I was nuts- and why would complete strangers know what their daughter looked like and what she was wearing etc etc. Bill went one way and I went the other. I walked as fast as I could searching the sea of people as best I could for this sweet little girl. I prayed the whole time that she would be found. I just kept looking and I started to feel like it was hopeless- there are SO many people!! I came to the end of an aisle and I caught my breath- there she was. All by herself, alone, walking down the aisle.
I felt such panic as I  hurried to her. I told her to come with me, I was going to take her to her mommy. She willingly came with me, and  I picked her up. I hurried as fast as I could, knowing the heartache her mother must be feeling.

I turned the corner and there was her family, still standing in the same place. I think they were in shock, not knowing what to do. The mother seen us and ran to me, and I handed her, her daughter. She just hugged her and cried and kept saying, "Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!!" I was also crying and we parted ways- they left kinda quickly. I think they just wanted to get out of there, with their children in their arms.


I just thanked God for allowing us to be used in this way. I thank God that he placed us, in that kids play  area, at exactly the right moment we needed to be "people watching", right at the same time as this family- thankful that she caught my attention when she cried- and thankful that for some odd reason- her face and what she was wearing were etched in my brain.

It also sends shivers down my spine- because ANYONE could have seen her, alone, and said, "I'm going to take you to your mommy." They could've picked her up, walked out of the Varied Industries building, and right out of one of the gates of the fair. That could've ended in a tragic way- gives me chills to think of it.

I am thankful that God used us, to find this little girl, and reunite her to her family- and I know without a shadow of a doubt that it was a God thing that day!!! I think of this family often- and pray for them. The picture I used of a little girl- is not her, but it looks similar to how I remember her.

So that is my first story of personal experience of God's work, in my/our life.  Happy Mother's Day to all!!! Every time I think of this day- I hug my kids a little tighter.

Blessings!! ~Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I am Thankful for.....

Measuring Up As a Mom

Just Beginning