Amanda: Noel has died. 

This is how I found out on Saturday. A dear friend sent me a private message. Those words are etched in the front of my mind and I can't seem to stop thinking about them. It is so sad and tragic- and also my worst nightmare. A friend, a family that is dear to my heart, is living my worst nightmare!!!

I have to say though, that I feel a sense of unity between the body of Christ, as we all pray together for the Shepley family!! Everyone who knew Noel, knew that he was a godly man, husband and father. He had a servant's heart- and was so kind and caring. He loved to pray for people, and he also loved to share the Word of God.  How can a man like that, be gone, in the blink of an eye??? We do not know God's plan yet- but He does have one. That we can know for sure. In the case of any loss of a loved one:

Even though we have been shaken to our core over the loss - Our Hope is Unchanged

Even though we grieve alongside the family- Our Hope is Unchanged

Even though we don't understand God's plan- Our Hope is Unchanged

Even though we are heartbroken for Renae- Our Hope is Unchanged

Even though we feel utter sadness for those 4 precious girls- Our Hope is Unchanged

Even though we will miss our friend- Our Hope is Unchanged

Even though we don't comprehend peace within pain- Our Hope is Unchanged

 God understands our human emotions and feelings. He knows we are sad, mourning and in pain when a loved one goes on before us. He knows we cry, he knows we grieve and mourn.  He didn't tell us not to grieve, but just not to grieve as those with no hope. We have hope!!!!! We know where Noel is, and we know we'll see him again!!We know God will take care of Renae and the girls.

Some of these words are from a song that is special to me- "Our Hope Endures" by Natalie Grant.
The end of the song is my favorite:

Emmanuel- God is With Us
El Shaddai - All Sufficient

WE NEVER WALK ALONE!!!!! This is our hope!!!

Let the Earth Quake- Our Hope is Unchanged!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg6b5T7I6VE

Lord God- I pray that you would wrap your loving, comforting arms around this family. Give them peace, within the pain. Give them the comfort only you can provide. Be with them in the days ahead as this becomes a harsh reality. Heal their hearts! Continue to heal Mallory's legs! I pray that you would hold these precious young girls in your hands!!  Thank you that when we don't even know what to pray or how to pray, that you know our hearts, and know what we want to pray. Amen!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I am Thankful for.....

Measuring Up As a Mom

Just Beginning