Are We There Yet?????

As I was reading in my Bible about the whole judgment day/rapture prediction, I had the most wonderful image pop into my head.

First let me start by saying, that Harold Camping cannot predict when the Lord will return. No one knows when He will return.  However, it could be at ANY time. It could be tonight, May 20th. It could be Sunday morning May 22nd. But there is no way for any human to be able to know a time and date.

I was reading Mark chapter 13, and everyone always recites the beginning of verse 32, but rarely do you hear the end. I know I have read it in the past, but it was brought to new light for, and gave me an overwhelming sense of JOY and PEACE. Mark 13:32 says, "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."  (emphasis mine)

Wow!!!! I have never thought about the fact that only God the Father knows when they day and hour will be. Not even the Son, Jesus, knows. Then it got me thinking...... It could be similar to when you go on vacation with your family, and every 5 minutes, the kids say, "Are We There Yet??".............. Jesus in Heaven, is so excited to come for his own, His followers whom He loves SO much he suffered and died for. He can't wait to come and get us. Maybe He is saying to God The Father, "Is it time yet??", "Is today the day?"

To which God lovingly replies, "Not yet, there are still people who need to come to Me, and still work to be done, sanctification to be furthered, and souls to be saved."  I just love the thought that Jesus just can't wait to come and get us.....and is just waiting for the day for God to say, "Alright Jesus, go and get them." It gives me chills to think it!!

I say to my children quite often,  "Keep your eyes on the eastern sky- Jesus could return at any time."  I am ready!! Are you?? Do you know for sure that if he did in fact come tomorrow or the next day, or even tonight, that you would undoubtedly spend eternity with Him??" (Please contact me if you are unsure- I would be MORE than happy to share with you how to know for sure, that you will spend eternity in Heaven.)

Mark 13:32-33“However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.  And since you don’t know when that time will come, be on guard! Stay alert!

 

 

Behold He comes

Riding on a cloud 

Shining like the sun

At the trumpet's call
Lift your voice
It's the year of jubilee
Out of Zion's hill salvation comes


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I am Thankful for.....

Measuring Up As a Mom

Just Beginning