"Hello, I am calling to speak with God, please"



I have really been seeking out God's will for me and my family the last couple of weeks. I have been praying and praying and then praying again. I have been searching his Word, and searching and then searching again. I want SO bad to just know that what I am doing, is in the center of His will. I don't want to be anywhere but there. So, I agree with my 6 year old who said, "Mom, I wish Jesus had a phone, so I could hear him talk to me." ME TOO Ethan!!! Me Too!! I wish I could just call up to Heaven, and say, "God, I am trying to decide between these 2 things, which one do you want me to do." Then, I'd do it!!!!!!! So I have just been trying to rest in Him......and continue to pray and seek what He would have me do. I know that he will give me an inner peace about one more than the other. The two things I am trying to decide between, neither are bad, neither are negative, both are positive, I just want to do the right thing. I opened a book yesterday I am reading called, "Character Matters-Raising Kids with Values that Last", one of the appendixes in the back was entitled- "Discerning God's Will". YAY, just what I need to do. So I turned to the back of the book.

Ten Concise Questions to ask when seeking to discern God's Will:
#1- Am I in a right relationship with God? If there is any unconfessed sin in my life, it is a barrier between me and God. Our fellowship is broken.

Psalm 66:18-20 (New International Version)

18 If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened;

19 but God has surely listened
and heard my voice in prayer.

20 Praise be to God,
who has not rejected my prayer
or withheld his love from me!

#2- Do I WANT to Know and Do God's Will??

Jesus said whoever is willing to do what God wants will know (John 7:17)

#3 Have I asked God for Wisdom?

James 1:5 (New International Version) 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
#4 Does the Bible speak to this Decision in Any way?
Some decisions have been clearly addressed in Scripture. God never leads contrary to what He has already said in His word.

#5 Have I assembled and studied all the facts?
It is wise to make a pros and cons list.

#6 Do I have deep inner conviction and peace about this?
Do I have a peace and conviciton about what is right?? Paul says, "Anything which does not arise from conviction is sin" (Rom. 14:23)

#7 Have I sought the Advice of Mature Christians?
While others can't make choices for you, some may have gone through similar situations and be insightful.

#8 Will this Help me to Better love God and my Neighbor??
This is the most important goal in life.
Matthew 22:37-39 (New International Version)37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'a]">[a] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'b]">[b]

#9 Is this my Decision to Make??
Are you worrying about something that is ultimately up to someone else?
#10- Do I have to decide now, or can it wait??
Don't stress and worry needlessly on decisions that aren't pressing.
OK- So some of those I've already done, some don't really apply, and some I decided to do. Great advice, huh?? But what I read next REALLY hit me!! This was the final thought: Some of us are struggling and striving to know God's will when we ought to simply be seeking to get to know God. (Psalm 46:10: "Cease striving and know that I am God.") Paul said, "Everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. All I care for us to know Christ."Phil. 3:7-10, NEB There is a very subtle danger here for persons who are struggling to know God's will. You don't have to struggle to know God's will; you simply have to back up and get to know God better. Then you will understand when he speaks to you. Wow!! I love this!!!! As I seek God more and more, I will better understand what He is telling me. I love the verse I quoted earlier, "Cease striving and know that I am God." Today, I am resting in the fact that He is God, and I will know His will for me, by the deep inner peace he will give me over my decision. Bill and I had a 2 hour talk last night also, which helped me a TON. He is the BEST husband ever and I love him so much!! He was so encouraging to me, and shed light on some things I hadn't thought of. Thank you God, for my godly, wise husband!!!!!!

So please pray for me if you think of it, as I make this decision. I really appreciate it!!! Thanks for reading!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I am Thankful for.....

Measuring Up As a Mom

Just Beginning